Sunday, May 23, 2010










Well it's been awhile since I've posted and we are past the half way point now. I have a new stair case for easy access for musicians to the recording studio and (2) 1,000 pound steel beams supporting the upstairs (see pics) where the old stairs used to be. This was scary to watch the guys winch these colossal beams up in place and then put in the steel support columns to hold them up. Then we actually framed phase 2 (see pics) before phase 1 due the schedule of the carpenters. All the audio cable conduit and electrical conduit is in the floors. Then we had to get all the HVAC and electrical in the ceiling so the drywall guys could put up the Isomax clips, hat channel and (2) layers of drywall on the ceiling to isolate the studio from the upstairs. The back entrance door has been relocated and leads into the lounge or the studio. The drywall for the exterior shell of the studio will go up next week. All the plumbing rough is done now and my new bathroom/laundry room will be functional in a week or so (no more laundry mat!!). The interior studio walls go up the week of June 6 with more electrical, tech wiring and HVAC following close behind.


I already have (2) new clients I'm starting pre-production with before the studio is done. Peggy Ratusz, (an amazing blues and R & B singer) and Gene Wall Cole, (a terrific singer-songwriter). That's exciting! Asheville is certainly opening up for me and as a record producer and engineer, I really feel this is the right place for me and Sound Temple Studios.


I look forward to the next blog that will show the latest progress.


Best wishes and many Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment